To stay informed and safe, please refer to the federal, state and local links below for updated information related to COVID-19.
Healthy Monadnock is a community engagement initiative that fosters and sustains a positive culture of health throughout Cheshire County and the Monadnock region. The initiative was founded and developed by the Cheshire Medical Center / Dartmouth Hitchcock-Keene in 2007. Healthy Monadnock's action plans are guided by the Council for a Healthier Community, a group of 30+ individuals representing schools, organizations, coalitions and businesses.
The goals of community partners and Champions are to improve the quality of life and prevent the leading causes of death for everyone by implementing strategies to:
• Increase healthy eating and active living
• Increase income and jobs
• Improve mental well-being
• Increase emergency preparedness
• Reduce substance misuse including tobacco
• Increase educational attainment
• Increase access and quality of healthcare.