Interested in sharing your story with us? We want to hear the many ways that you are living, sharing, modeling, and inspiring Healthy Monadnock 2020 in your own life! You could be featured in our next newsletter! Meet this month’s featured Organizational Champions, Insurance Source, Dr. George S. Emerson School, Fuller Elementary School, & the Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce, and hear how they are taking their next healthiest step in helping our community become the healthiest in the nation!
“At the Insurance Source, we have had several dance parties with the first one being this week! Each employee picks a song and we all dance to it. Today was the chicken dance-–it is way too funny and the staff loves it! Last Friday was also our first healthy lunch day which was a huge hit! Just thought you would like an up-date from us!” – Champion, Cheryl Belair, Organizational Champion, The Insurance Source
“Breaking news…..As of minutes ago, last thing for a Friday afternoon, I finished shaking every bush, meeting with every staff member (full AND part time), and have 100% of the Emerson staff signed up as Individual Champions!! SO excited!”
– Champion, Lynne Rumba, Champion School, Dr. George S. Emerson Elementary School
“Our wellness committee just met and we have put into place some goals for the year:
- First, we are having a “Heart Healthy Valentines Holiday Party” for our whole school. We sent out a flyer with heart healthy snack recipes for parents to bring in for Feb. 14th. We are excited to see how it goes next Friday!
- Secondly, we are also planning to have several walk to school days when the weather warms up to encourage more physical activity to and from school.
- Lastly, we are in the process of writing a grant to order recess equipment for each classroom to encourage more physical activity during recess time. The 2nd through 5th graders are enjoying some snowshoeing during PE classes this week and show shoes will be available during recess time as well.
Our last day of our Winter Ski Club at Granite Gorge is next Wednesday where we are also doing a crock pot dinner at the mountain to celebrate all 35 kids that completed ski lessons this year! Our initiatives in place from last year are still going to carry on this year: 5210 Club, Fitness Club, Spring Track Club, and Run/Walk across America activity during recess time. We are certainly keeping healthy and active even during the cold months at Fuller School!”
– Champion, Johanna Kress, School Champion Fuller Elementary
“Good news! I will become a Champion and have recruited Deb, Nancy and Julia to become Champions as well. If Phil becomes one, we will have 100% Champion participation at the Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce!”
– Champion, Christine Hadlow, Organizational Champion, Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce