(prerequisite: participation and attendance of a past offering of the 2 hour Train Your Brain, Engage Your Heart Introductory Program).
Jennifer Begley and Tom Stearns, PhD., CMC/DH Resilient Living Team
Due to popular demand, we are offering this more intensive opportunity to learn more about managing stress and building resilience and well-being and integrating them into daily life.
Through four weekly sessions we will dig more deeply into the following areas:
• Varieties and practice of attention training and mindfulness
• Evolving understanding of how our brain/mind works and how that informs practices that build well-being
• How to increase day-to-day positive experiences and “take in the good”
• Increasing psychological flexibility and healthier mindsets
• Enhancing capacities that foster positive interactions and connections with others
• Facilitating a sense of meaning in everyday life
Sessions will include presentation of relevant content, time for more discussion and reflection and the creation of personal plan to bring these practices into your daily life. Additionally appropriate handouts and suggested readings/resources will be provided. As each session builds upon the previous one we strongly encourage participation in all sessions.
Tuesdays, May 16 – June 6 5:30-7:00 p.m.