Changing our behavior is ultimately up to each of us as individuals. However, employers have a tremendous opportunity to help their employees see the value of adopting healthier behaviors! Worksite culture sets the tone for its employees and a supportive work environment, where managers reinforce a sound wellness strategy can keep employees motivated and engaged. These in-services trainings are designed to drive and reinforce healthy behaviors, bringing benefits to employers, their employees and our community.
Meal Prepping and Eating on the Go
Knowing what to eat, how much to eat and how to properly prep meals ahead of time are all crucial aspects of achieving a healthy, balanced diet on the go! This presentation will focus on the key to getting ahead with meal prep, why it is important to prepare food at home, and how to successfully do so on a budget. During this in-service, participants will learn:
- The benefits of making quick meals and snacks at home to take on the go
- Strategies to make meal preparation at home quick and easy
- How to change the workplace environment
- Compare homemade fast food and purchased fast food
The MyPlate Food Guide identifies daily meal proportions for the fruit, vegetable, grains, protein, and dairy food groups; and is an easy-to-understand illustration designed to help build “healthy plates” at meal times.This presentation will focus on what a healthy diet looks like based on the current food guide recommendation: USDA MyPlate. During this in-service, participants will learn:
- The history of food guide recommendations and the importance of MyPlate
- Understand the components of MyPlate
- Build a day’s worth of meals using MyPlate principles
Why Advance Care Planning in the Workplace?
Incorporating Advance Care Planning (ACP) into an organization’s Wellness or Employee Assistance Program can benefit both employers and employees. In addition to why this type of planning is relevant to employers and employees this in-service will cover:
- Today’s Challenges in the Workplace
- How Advance Care Planning Can Address Those Challenges
- How Advance Care Planning with Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Honoring Care Decisions (HCD) Program Can Help Your Employees