In case you haven’t heard, Sunday, May 10th is Mother’s Day and also kicks off National Women’s Health Week (NHPW). If you are a woman, be sure to take the pledge and check out how your region and age group stack up. With this in mind, Healthy Monadnock also offers a few last minute gift ideas for that special mother in your life, based loosely on NHPW’s Steps Women Can Take for Better Health .
(In full disclosure, as a mother of two, this post is slightly self serving. If only I could get my family read my blog posts!)
- Preventative Screenings
- Ok, this is hard to turn into a fun gift so please just make sure she does it!
- Get Active
- Punch card at a yoga studio like organizational champion, Keene Yoga Center, great for all ages and abilities.
- New pair of gardening gloves is always appreciated by the backyard set. Wrap them with some heavy duty soap and hand lotion. Or better yet, a gift certificate for a manicure.
- Tune up her bike and take a ride together.
- Freebie: Take a walk with your mom and find out what is on her mind and what she’d like to do this summer.
- Eat Healthy
- Mental Health
- Treat her to a massage! (Or better yet, a punch card for multiple treatments.) Check out Organizational Champion, Deep Roots Massage, in Keene.
- Freebie: Run some chores for your mom and let her take time to relax.
- Avoid Unhealthy Behaviors
- A new bicycle helmet if she bikes, and maybe some bright reflective clothing.
- Hands free device for driving, if she is a cell phone user.
Whatever you decide to do for the mother(s) in your life, make sure you call them, check in, and wish them a safe and healthy year ahead.