The action plans of Healthy Monadnock are focused on improving quality of life and preventing the leading causes of illness and death.
Twenty-six evidence-based strategies under four key themes – health behaviors, healthcare access/quality, socio-economic/environmental factors, and social capital – were selected by the community in 2011 and 2013.
Today, many of these strategies are being implemented by our partners, Organizational, and School Champions to improve the environments where our community’s children, teens, adults, and seniors live, learn, work, and play.
We applaud the work of the Partners in Action.
- Advocates for Healthy Youth (See the School Champions page)
- Cheshire County Conservation District
- Cheshire County Healthy Eating Active Living initiative (See Worksite Wellness)
- Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene
- City of Keene
- Keene School District
- Monadnock Farm and Community Coalition
- Monadnock Alliance for Sustainable Transportation
- Monadnock Voices for Prevention
- Monadnock United Way
- Pathways for Keene
Visit our blog for stories about the work our partners are accomplishing in our community.