Healthy Monadnock hosts community summits to increase education and awareness of issues impacting our community health. The goal is to build community capacity to implement action strategies for change. The summits also offer an opportunity to update the community on the progress of Healthy Monadnock and share community successes.
Summit V – May 17, 2016
Tapestry of Hope: Preventing and Treating Addiction
More than 300 attendees joined us for Johann Hari’s keynote address. Hari urged us to end the stigma associated with substance misuse and to embrace social connection as part of the solution.
- View Johann’s keynote address from the Healthy Monadnock summit.
2. View and share the video of Johann’s Ted Talk.
3. Learn more about Johann’s book, Chasing the Scream; the first and last days of the war on drugs, and purchase it locally at Toadstool bookshops.
4. Check back soon to view the IGNITE session from the Summit.
Please join the hundreds of Healthy Monadnock Champions who have committed to move from discussion to action! Consider the networks you are a part of in the community and engage them in a discussion of the ways that the local prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery support approaches for those at risk or suffering from substance use disorders could be addressed differently in the Monadnock Region.
Join Monadnock Alocohol and Drug Abuse Coalition, the Coalition for Tobacco Free Communities, Monadnock Voices for Prevention Coalition, the City of Keene Mayor’s Task Force, or any of the organizations below who are working to address the issue directly or indirectly in the community.
Task forces and coalitions
- Be The Change Coalition: Behavioral Health Task Force -Contact LeeAnn Clark
- Coalition for Tobacco Free Communities
- Monadnock Alcohol and Drug Abuse Coalition
- Monadnock Voices for Prevention
- New Futures (statewide advocacy organization)
Retreat, recovery, and support centers
- Brattleboro Retreat
- District 19 Alcoholics Anonymous
- F.A.S.T.E.R.(peer support) -Contact Sue Cullinane
- Hundred Nights Shelter (homeless shelter and drop in community resource center)
- Keene Hates Heroin
- Keene Serenity Center (recovery support)
- MAPS Counseling Services
- Monadnock Area Peer Support Agency
- Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention
- Monadnock Family Services (mental health services; Peterborough, Keene and Winchester)
- Phoenix House (substance use disorder treatment)
- Recover Together (treatment for opiate use disorders)
- Samaritans (support services for those suffering from mental health issues)
- Southwestern Community Services (new assessment and referral services for those with substance use disorders)
- The Grapevine Family and Community Resource Center (Antrim)
- The River Center (individual and family resources; Peterborough)