Support for Tenants
The Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco Free Communities (CCTFC) offers free services and supports to help you live tobacco free and offers a wide range of support to help tenants adapt to living with a smoke-free policy or who wish to quit smoking.
The Coalition sponsors an extensive array of treatment programs for those who wish to quit using tobacco, including:
- Free one-on-one counseling
- Assistance with nicotine replacement therapies (patches and gum)
- Tobacco and addiction education
Services are available to everyone and we have special programs for women and youth.
- Phone Support
Call Toll Free: 1-800-QuitNow (1-800-784-8669)
Free nicotine patches are available while supplies last!
- Tobacco-Free or Trying to Be Support Group: Local support group is available for individuals who are maintaining a tobacco-free lifestyle and those who are trying to do so. FREE — No registration needed. Groups are held in Keene on the first Wednesday of every month from 5:30-6:30 pm at Cheshire Med Ctr./Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene in Central Conference Room #3.
- Tobacco Treatment Programs for Adults: “Freedom from Tobacco” sessions are offered several times during the year at our satellite clinic locations in Walpole and Winchester. We also provide support for patients on an individual basis.
- Comfort Kits: Comfort kits are provided for individuals receiving confidential one on one counseling. The kits are filled with items to make it easier for people to live tobacco-free, and support them in the early stages of going tobacco-free.
**There is no charge for these programs. The Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco Free Communities is funded by the Cheshire Health Foundation. Our goals are to reduce youth initiation of tobacco products, to help anyone who wants to quit do so and to eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke.